Phono gain stages are rather un-glamorous. But that's the point. This one trick pony simply accepts analog audio from your turntable's cartridge and amplifies it to a level that your main preamplifier can understand. What makes the BP-2 MM so special is that it can take such a minuscule signal--2mV or so and amplify it with so little distortion and so little added noise. If it weren't for the characteristic smoothness and organic sound of vinyl, you might swear you were listening to digital.
- Applies 41dB of gain from your moving magnet phono cartridge or high output MC cartridge
- Class A discrete operational amplifiers
- Ultra precise RIAA equalization
- Powered from external Bryston PSU
- Very quiet operation and very low distortion
- Compact chassis can be placed nearby turntable or preamplifier
- Front panel Mute switch
- Internally configurable for capacitive loading
- Silver or black faceplate
- The Bryston BP-2 with the PS-3 external power supply, at $2700 for the combo, is a steal in my opinion. Call us crazy, but we feel it competes with far more expensive phono stages especially where a good part of the price is allocated to big, impressive enclosures, and quasi-exotic parts in non critical areas. (Fair Hedon) Read Review...
|Dimensions||Inches: 5.7 W x 2.75 H x 8.25 D|
|Weight||3.6 lbs | 1.6 kg|
|Analog Connections:||RCA in | RCA out|
|Power:||Use with Bryston MPS-2 or PS-3 Power Supply only|
|THD+N (20Hz - 20kHz):||<0.005%|
|Noise:||<-80dB ref. 5mv input|
PS-3 DC Regulated Power Supply
How important is the power supply to audio equipment? After all, amplified audio is nothing more than modulated power from the wall that's been rectified, filtered, and smoothed along the way. Bryston's quest to make the perfect power supply has resulted in two models-the PS-3 and MPS-2. Each is an ideal DC power supply to attached equipment giving them smooth, clean, DC power to modulate with incoming audio. These are mandatory power supplies for some equipment we manufacture and are not intended for use with other gear.
- Powers select Bryston equipment such as BP-2 phono stage, BP-26 preamplifier and others.
- Single output
- Small 1/3rd width chassis makes for easy placement
- Superbly well regulated and isolates attached equipment from PSU noise.
- Highly cost effective
- Silver or black faceplate
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
The Bryston BP-2 with the PS-3 external power supply, at $2700 for the combo, is a steal in my opinion. Call us crazy, but we feel it competes with far more expensive phono stages especially where a good part of the price is allocated to big, impressive enclosures, and quasi-exotic parts in non critical areas.
Well, nothing was amiss as the Rega / Bryston combo presented the music with immaculate precision, and, most importantly, it was super fun. “Play That Funky Music” indeed, fittingly, the title of the monster single from the album. The mood stayed vintage, and next up was Traffic’s brilliant self titled second album from 1968, on United Artists. I never thought this United Artists pressing was stellar, but I had to reconsider after hearing it via the Bryston. http://novohighend.com/bryston-bp-2-mm-mc-phono-preamp-with-the-ps-3-power-supply/