This is a conceptual album which is based on the Danish author H.C. Andersen´s dramaturgy of the story of "The Little Mermaid", and where the genre is soft jazz with colors Latin rhythms!
The full story is inside the booklet!
The music is a combination of songs what is normally known as the "American Songbook", plus Yamina´s own compositions!
It is also our first album recorded in 8 channel native DSD128 and of course mixed 100% analogue, i.e. it has never been in the PCM domain which is also what "native" stands for.
As some of you might know, Opus 3 Records was the first record company in the world to offer download of native DSD128 already in February 2013!
This is also the first album that will be both released as an SACD and offered to be downloaded in DSD64 & 128 at the same time.
Listen to music samples
01. My Foolish Heart (Ned Washington/Victor Young)
03. How Deep Is The Ocean (Irving Berlin)
05. Living Dead (Yamina)
11. Incinerate To Dust (YAmina)
12. Wild Is The Wind (Ned Wasington/Dimitri Tiomkin)
01. My Foolish Heart (Ned Washington/Victor Young) 5´25
02. Yes No Yes (Yamina) 3´26
03. How Deep Is The Ocean (Irving Berlin) 3´49
04. Very Present (Yamina) 3´16
05. Living Dead (Yamina) 3´10
06. One Feather At A Time (Yamina) 3´00
07. Gentle Rain (Luiz Bonfa) 3´23
08. This Cold Light (Robert Kusén) 3´13
09. Little Mermaid (BYamina) 3´10
10. Devil's Grip (Robert Kusén) 3´42
11. Incinerate To Dust (YAmina) 3´10
12. Wild Is The Wind (Ned Wasington/Dimitri Tiomkin) 3´29
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
We don’t very often come across a work of such concerted efforts and intensity as How Deep Is The Ocean. Now that she and Opus 3 have raised the stake so considerably, I'm looking forward to her next album.