Depth of Image - Timbre - Dynamics
In this the fourth test record, the three basic concepts of Depth of Image, Timbre and Dynamics have been linked together as a basis for evaluation of HiFi equipment. - CD 19420.
Also available on vinyl and due to the much shorter time possible on an LP, that version contains 11 of the 17 tracks of the SACD version - LP9200
INTRODUCING THE SUPER AUDIO CD
It looks like a CD. It plays on all your CD players. But this hybrid Super Audio CD (SACD) is much, much more. Created by Sony and Philips ñ the people who invented the CD ñ this is actually a two-layer disc. And both layers pack an incredible story.
The next generation in music reproduction
From the earliest digital recordings and 16-bit Compact Disc on up to even the latest 24-bit recordings, digital audio has always used multi-bit PCM technology. Until now. Now there is Direct Stream Digital recording. A one bit system that´s fundamentally different.
Thanks to an amazing 2,822,400 samples per second, you get audio performance that no other format can deliver. Where CD frequency response extends to 20,000 Hz, DSD technology can theoretically reach 100,000 Hz. Where CD has a dynamic range of 96 dB, DSD recording can achieve 120 dB across the entire audible range. Thanks to DSD technology, the SACD difference is breathtaking. If you care passionately about music, then SACD will inflame that passion as never before.
Not just a CD, a better CD
Even the SACD´s 16-bit layer can sound better, if it´s based on a Direct Stream Digital or an analogue studio master. The Super Bit Mapping Direct process can be used to downconvert to the 16-bit CD format, which enables you to hear more of the original master.
So by all means, enjoy this disc on a standard CD player. But for an unforgettable audio experience, you´ve really got to hear it on a new Super Audio CD player.
01. From The Drottningholms Music 2:16
02. Try A Little Tenderness 7:50
03. Allegretto Con Variazioni (Mozart) 5:30
04. Sonate,Finale:Vivo From Stefan Lindgren 5:40
05. Circo Della Vita From Omnibus Wind Ensemble 3:18
06. Played Twice (Monk) 5:24
07. Wining Boy Blues 4:33
08. Sweet Georgia Brown 4:33
09. Allegro di Molto (Mendelssohn) 1:53
10. Concertino Clarinet Concertos Mozart) 2:36
11. Stompin' At The Savoy From Erstrand Lind Quartet 4:01
12. Concertino (L-E Larsson) From Concerto For Double Bass And Orchestra 4:45
13. Reunion Blues (M. Jackson) From "two Sides Of Lars Erstrand 4:50
14. The King From Knoa 4:32
15. Black Beauty (Ellington) From Tomas Ornberg's Blue Five 4:30
16. House Of The Rising Sun (arr Peters & Bibb) 6:10
17. Look Over Yonder (Eric Bibb)
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This is a must for every stereophile. The sound qualility is one of the top 20 of my >3,000 CDs collection. It's a true reference for high-end stereo components in terms of dynamic, timbre, focus, open, transparent as well as sound stage.